What is Safetoken?
It is a system that generates a 6-8 digit code known as OTP(One-Time-Password) whenever you initiate a transaction via any Interswitch Web Payment Platform. It is important for you to know that your bank can set a limit on your card as to the maximum amount you can pay with your card online. In most cases, the amount can be very ridiculous but if you ask me, I think it is a fraud control mechanism aimed at safeguarding your funds.
So what happens if I need to pay a higher amount?To use your card successfully, you have to activate it for this service. Safetoken activation does not require much technically. All you have to do is visit your bank and request for your card to be activated. Alternatively, you can do a self-activation using any Nigerian bank Interswitch enabled ATM. (I personally recommend this method as it you will be able to know if activation is successful or not just in few minutes)
SAFETOKEN ACTIVATION STEPS:Self Activation using the ATM machine.
1) Visit any nearest ATM
2) Insert your card
3) Type in your PIN
4) Select Quickteller or Pay Bills (depending on the configuration of the ATM)
5) Select “Pay bills” (If you selected Quickteller in step 4 above)
6) Select “Others”
7) Enter 322222 when asked for payment/biller code
8) Choose your account type (Savings/Current)
9) Enter your phone number as ‘Customer Reference’
10) Re-enter your phone number when asked to enter phone number.
11) You will get a display “Do you want to make this payment?” Amount Due:N1
12) Click on “Pay amount due
13) Press proceed when prompted for a N100 convenience fee charge
"Transaction Completed" will be displayed on the ATM screen successful else some other messages like "Not Completed" "Transaction Failed" etc will be displayed.
Hope this helps?
If you need help with any of the steps above, do not hesitate to call us on 08066182710
- Please note that you will be charged a total sum of N101.00 only with N100 being the convenience fee.
- When successfully activated, you may be prompted to send a code to 32122 to generate the OTP which would be sent to your phone via text whenever you are about to make payments on local websites.
- The OTP is authorized by the Strong Authentication Server residing at the switch or at the issuing bank.
- Activation is only on Interswitch enabled cards such as Verve Card & Mastercard